Thursday, February 24, 2011

Silence the Indian crowd : Swann




The England offspinner said the match on Sunday is huge, as England take on India.


"The fact it's against India in India is going to make it a huge game.," said Swann after England almost got out of jail against the Dutch.

"We had a very poor time of things in the one-day series here a couple of years ago, so that's certainly something we want to turn around because there is nothing better than silencing an Indian crowd."

"You don't want them to be screaming all day because its ear-shattering. Come Bangalore it will be a huge game and one we will need to raise our standards for, particularly in the field because, let's face it, we were like a bunch of schoolboys (against the Netherlands)."

Whether he will silence the crowd or the Indian batsmen will silence him remains to be seen.

He said the worst moment during the match with the Dutch was when Tendo skied, when he was on 47 and the ball fell in between Pietersen and Anderson.

"They both got the glare" said the offie. "When it goes 80 yards in the air and two of your best fielders stand and watch it land between them, it's never great as a bowler but I can't really complain because I dropped that high swirler near the end. Everything evens itself out."

Swann said he is happy with his bowling performance. "I'm delighted because I've let the team down a couple of times before after a bit of a break and promised I wouldn't do it this time, so I'm glad I lived up to my word."

Swann is happy that now he is a father and that Wilfred, the junior, came out of nowhere.

"Within two days of the little fellow coming into the world I'm saying a teary goodbye. That's our lot as international cricketers.""On the plus side, I get to come here to play in a World Cup so in 18 years' time when he is giving me grief for not being there for the first six weeks I'll be able to say but I had to go and beat Holland."

No comments: