Thursday, April 21, 2011

IPL Trivia



RCB's Gayle said " Back in Kolkota, looking to make my debut for RCB and yes against KKR, what a world, lol ! Interesting but I am so Royal ! Now sweet azz India !

Rohit Sharma of MI became the became the sixth player to complete 1200 runs in the IPL. The right hander has scored 1217 at an average of 32.02 in 49 matches.

The Sri Lankan Board had allowed their players to play in IPL till May 18th.


There was a brother sister combine at the IPL, as Punjab's Aussie recruit, Nathan Rimmington, and his reporting sister Ricki-Lee were conspicous by their presence. Said Nathan " Rikki sort of followed in my footsteps. She would bowl to me when we were playing cricket in the backyard of our house as kids. And like any other young sibling, who looks upto my older sibling, she followed me into the game". The brother and sister represent Queensland. While the brother has not yet tasted high level cricket, Rikki has played for Australia U19 team. " As kids I used to double whatever runs she got just to be fair to her" says Nathan " But she won more games than I did. she is quite competitive".

No comments: