Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It is worthwhile to see Valthaty bat : Shaun Marsh





Shaun Marsh opined that Paul Valthaty' aggressive batting is something worth going miles to see.

Marsh may have lost the opening slot to him, but he is an admirer of Paul and is not complaining.

"Paul is batting really well in this season and he is a fantastic player. He has done well for the Punjab team in the last two games which helped us secure two subsequent wins. He put us in a winning position in the last two games. I am looking forward towards watching him bat again." said the classic Australian.

Marsh was the wearer of the Orange Cap in IPL 2008.

He said he is happy with his batting slot and wants to be in the Aussie side. . "I had a great first IPL and had a lot of fun. I had few injuries which somewhat made my ride a little bumpy one. I am confident that I can find the same rhythm and body right this time.

"I am feeling pretty good at the moment. It was a bit frustating (getting injured) but you can't do much with the injury situation. Obviously, if I perform well in the IPL, then it will help me win back my place in the Australian team. If I score few runs, then I will be in their scheme of things." said the southpaw, whose aim is to play for Australia in Tests.

It's my dream to play Test cricket for Australia. Wearing the baggy green is an ultimate for any Australian cricketer. My aim is to keep working hard and keep scoring runs and I am sure I will make it to the Test squad." Hailing Michael Clarke as a great leader, Shaun said he will transform Australia.

"Michael Clarke is a great player and a great leader. He is going to be a fantastic captain for Australia for a long period of time. I am sure he is going to re-build the side." he said.

No comments: