Friday, February 25, 2011

Johnson loves to bowl on slow tracks




It is said the M Johnson relishes bowling on slow tracks. Ponting is using him as a first change bowler and he loves that !

Indian pitches are reputed to be a fast bowler's graveyard and paradise for spinners.

"(There is) something in the role that I have got as a first change and I enjoy that role a lot," said the demon fast bowler after his 4/43 against the Kiwis.

"It just suits my bowling, I guess, the bang-the-wicket kind of bowling that I like, and the change-ups that I use.

"I just really enjoy the challenges over here of these conditions."

Johnson combines pace with swing and swerve and his bowling is ideally suited for Indian conditions, he averrs.

"I saw the game between the Netherlands and England and it looked like a pretty good wicket," the master of swing bowling said.

"I just had in the back of my mind I wanted to bang it in to the wicket like I did against Zimbabwe and probably not think about it too much but just go out there and enjoy myself."

Meanwhile Bollinger has been ruled out of the World Cup due to injury. Also Dwayne Bravo who injured his leg.

No comments: