Monday, February 21, 2011

Ponting lauds pace trio





The dreaded Aussie pace trio of Lee, Tait and Johnson have done it again. Johnson took four wickets, Tait two and Lee one in the match against minnows, Zimbabwe.

As Allan Border said it will be the Aussie trio which will retain the Cup. The Zimbabwean batsmen were all at sea against the formidable trio.

With Shane Watson, Krejza, Hastings, Smith, Hussey lending support, the Aussie attack is the best in the World Cup. All media talks about the formidable Indian batting and Australian bowling.

"There wasn't much in it for the quicks. I thought Johnson was outstanding and Tait's just working up to match fitness so to get eight or nine overs out of him was a real bonus," said Ponting.

"I thought our spinners also did a pretty good job."

Johnson's 4-19 did justice to his talent. "I got a bit of rhythm out there tonight and it felt really good." said the demon fast bowler.

"I think the boys did an exceptional job. Zimbabwe came out firing, played some pretty good shots so it was good to get a win.

"It's my new role to be first change and get wickets. I still bowl the short ball, the change up and I can be aggressive. I'm happy with that.

"It was a good hit out for the first match of the World Cup. It's good to get one off early on before we face New Zealand."

No comments: