Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sehwag demolishes Deccans





With a superb display of batting hitting 119 off 56 balls with 13 fours and six sixes, Sehwag simpley destroyed the bowling of the Deccans.

DDD were 25/3 and then Sehwag took over the responsibilty. He had taken DDD to victory with a superb innings. Sehwag proved that Fortune favours the brave. A coup
le of catches were dropped and DDD capitalised on that.

When he wsa out in the 17th over, the Deccans came up to congratulate him.

Steyn removed Finch for a duck and Ishant removed Ojha for 7 and Rao for 3 to reduce DDD to 25/3.

Viru said that the target of 176 was not impossible and if he batted 16 overs, he knew he could do it.

"I was always telling my boys that if a set batsman can bat for 15-16 overs, any target is achievable for players like myself, Sachin Tendulkar, Adam Gilchrist" said the formidable blaster."

Sehwag was not at all bothered when Sharma and Steyn reduced DDD to 25/3.


"Steyn and Ishant are both world-class bowlers. I was telling myself that if I can just manage to see off their first spell, I will be in a position to attack their fifth bowler which is the weaklink. Also I knew that I would be able to handle Amit Mishra as I have practised a lot against him at the nets" said he.

He had missed a century earlier at Uppal, but then he did not want to miss one here.

"I didn't want to miss out on a century this time" said the new wearer of the Orange Cap, having scored 422 runs.

On the contrary, Sanga was remorseful that DC had floored two catches off Sehwag.

"Well, I reckon you have to take catches in order to win matches"

"Viru batted excellently but then 175 was a very good score on this track. Our fielding wasn't upto the mark and we suffered because of that" said the mighty Lankan.

No comments: